Latest Football Transfer News: Neymar, Silva, Lavia, Alvarez, Maguire, Balogun, Raya, Adams, Caicedo, Lukaku
In Tuesday’s football gossip, Brazilian forward Neymar has expressed his desire to leave Paris St-Germain this summer, with hopes of returning to Barcelona. Chelsea is reportedly in ongoing discussions with Neymar’s representatives about a potential move to Stamford Bridge.
Portuguese midfielder Bernardo Silva is close to extending his contract with Manchester City, but he is willing to wait a few more days for Barcelona to make a move.
Liverpool will need to meet Southampton’s £50m asking price if they wish to sign 19-year-old midfielder Romeo Lavia. The Reds are also in negotiations with Southampton for a deal involving Fluminense’s Brazilian international Andre.
Tottenham striker Harry Kane will end talks with Bayern Munich if an agreement is not reached between the two clubs this week.
There are concerns over the future of West Ham boss David Moyes, as he might leave the club if they have a poor start to the season or if he becomes the target of supporter dissatisfaction.
Manchester United defender Harry Maguire may stay with the club for another season, as he is not willing to join a club that isn’t playing in the Champions League. United is also looking to sell Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek and Brazilian international Fred.
Arsenal has turned down a formal offer from Monaco for United States striker Folarin Balogun. There is a possibility that Italian midfielder Jorginho might leave Arsenal for Turkish club Fenerbahce, despite only joining the Gunners from Chelsea in January.
Chelsea is looking to sign Leeds United and United States midfielder Tyler Adams and is also keen on securing Brighton and Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo before the start of the season. Additionally, Chelsea and Juventus have scheduled talks for a proposed swap deal involving Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku and Serbia striker Dusan Vlahovic.
Wolves may consider appointing former Bournemouth boss Gary O’Neil as their new manager if Julen Lopetegui leaves the club.
Former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta is expected to sign for UAE Pro League side Emirates Club with an option for a one-year extension.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Transfer news
Question: What is the latest update on Neymar’s transfer situation?
Answer: Neymar, the Brazil forward, has informed Paris St-Germain of his desire to leave the club this summer. He dreams of returning to Barcelona. Chelsea is actively engaged in discussions with Neymar’s entourage regarding a potential move to Stamford Bridge.
Question: Is Bernardo Silva close to extending his contract with Manchester City?
Question: How much will Liverpool need to pay for midfielder Romeo Lavia?
Answer: If Liverpool wants to sign 19-year-old midfielder Romeo Lavia from Southampton, they will have to meet the Saints’ full £50m asking price.
Question: What is the latest update on Harry Kane’s potential move to Bayern Munich?
Answer: Tottenham striker Harry Kane will abandon talks with Bayern Munich if the two clubs cannot reach an agreement this week.
Question: Is there any update on Manchester United’s player sales?
Answer: Manchester United is looking to push through the sales of Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek and Brazilian international Fred during this week’s transfer window.
Question: Has Arsenal rejected any offers for their young striker Folarin Balogun?
Answer: Yes, Arsenal has turned down a formal offer from Monaco for their 22-year-old United States striker Folarin Balogun.
Question: Which players are Chelsea interested in signing before the start of the season?
Answer: Chelsea is targeting Leeds United and United States midfielder Tyler Adams and Brighton and Ecuador midfielder Moises Caicedo ahead of the new season.
Question: What is the latest update on the potential swap deal between Chelsea and Juventus involving Romelu Lukaku?
Answer: Chelsea and Juventus are set to hold new talks to discuss the proposed swap deal between Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku and Serbia striker Dusan Vlahovic.
Question: Is there any news on Andres Iniesta’s future?
Answer: Former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta is expected to sign for UAE Pro League side Emirates Club, with an option for a one-year extension.
More about Transfer news
- Neymar wants to leave PSG for Barcelona: L’Equipe – in French
- Chelsea pursues Neymar: RMCSport – in French
- Bernardo Silva close to extending Manchester City contract: Mundo Deportivo – in Spanish
- Liverpool’s pursuit of Romeo Lavia: Sky Sports
- Fluminense’s Andre negotiations with Liverpool: Liverpool Echo
- Harry Kane’s potential move to Bayern Munich: Telegraph – subscription required
- West Ham’s deal for Edson Alvarez: Guardian
- Manchester United’s rejection of West Ham’s bid for Scott McTominay: Manchester Evening News
- Harry Maguire’s possible stay at Manchester United: Football Transfers
- Manchester United’s plans to sell Donny van de Beek and Fred: Mail
- Arsenal’s rejection of Monaco’s offer for Folarin Balogun: Athletic – subscription required
- Jorginho’s potential move to Fenerbahce: Times
- Arsenal’s interest in David Raya and Bayern Munich’s competition: That’s Football via Twitter
- Chelsea’s pursuit of Tyler Adams and Moises Caicedo: Telegraph – subscription required
- Chelsea and Juventus’ talks on Romelu Lukaku and Dusan Vlahovic swap deal: Fabrizio Romano
- Wolves’ consideration of Gary O’Neil as manager: Talksport
- Andres Iniesta’s move to UAE Pro League side Emirates Club: Fabrizio Romano