In the thrilling Women’s World Cup final clash between Spain and England, goalkeeper Mary Earps emerged as the standout player, earning the title of the match’s best performer according to your evaluations. Earps’ remarkable feat of saving a penalty garnered her the accolade, despite England’s unfortunate 1-0 loss to Spain.
You, the fans, were invited to assign ratings on a scale of 1 to 10 for each player’s performance, and Mary Earps secured a commanding lead with an impressive average rating of 7.55. The chasm between Earps and the other players was considerable, with no individual from either team managing to surpass a score of 6.27.
Noteworthy Player Ratings:
- Mary Earps (England – Goalkeeper): Your chosen Player of the Match, with an exceptional average rating of 7.55.
- Patricia Guijarro (Spain – Midfielder): Achieved a solid rating of 6.27, making her the highest-rated player from the Spanish side.
- Aitana Bonmatí (Spain – Midfielder): Earned a respectable average rating of 6.25.
- Paola Carmona (Spain – Forward): Secured an average rating of 5.99 for her performance.
- Mariona Caldentey (Spain – Midfielder): Received an average rating of 5.80.
- Marta Batlle (Spain – Defender): Attained an average rating of 5.78, along with Ona Redondo (Midfielder) and Jennifer Hermoso (Forward).
- Cata Coll (Spain – Goalkeeper): Achieved an average rating of 5.73.
- Leila Ouahabi (Spain – Defender): Garnered an average rating of 5.72.
- Marta Codina (Spain – Forward): Received a rating of 5.71 from the fans.
- Teresa Abelleira (Spain – Midfielder): Earned a rating of 5.70.
- Ivana Andrés (Spain – Defender): Managed a rating of 5.36.
- Alexia Putellas (Spain – Midfielder): Attained an average rating of 5.28.
In summary, England’s Mary Earps was the shining star of the match with an exceptional average rating of 7.55, reflecting her outstanding penalty save. While Spain emerged victorious, the ratings showcase the commendable efforts of both sides’ players on the grand World Cup stage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Penalty Save
Who was named the player of the match in the Women’s World Cup final between Spain and England?
England goalkeeper Mary Earps was named the player of the match for her exceptional performance, including a crucial penalty save.
What was the final score of the Women’s World Cup final between Spain and England?
The final score of the Women’s World Cup final was 1-0 in favor of Spain.
What was the average rating of Mary Earps in the match?
Mary Earps, the standout player, achieved an average rating of 7.55 based on fan evaluations.
Which player had the highest rating for Spain in the match?
Patricia Guijarro received the highest rating for Spain with an average score of 6.27.
Were there any other players with high ratings in the match?
No, besides Mary Earps and Patricia Guijarro, no player from either team managed to achieve a rating higher than 6.27.
How did England perform overall in the Women’s World Cup final?
Despite Mary Earps’ exceptional performance, England suffered a 1-0 defeat in the Women’s World Cup final against Spain.
Who saved a penalty during the Women’s World Cup final?
Mary Earps, the England goalkeeper, showcased her skills by saving a penalty during the Women’s World Cup final against Spain.